varicose veins orVaricose veins- This is a systemic pathological change of the veins, with their expansion, elongation, curvature and formation of nodules, so that the work of the valves of the veins is disturbed and the blood flow is disturbed.
Changes in blood flow almost always lead to changes in the body. The movement of blood in the veins depends not only on the state of the vessel walls, but also on the state of the venous valves, whose work creates the movement of the blood, regulating the direction and force of the flow.In healthy veins, there is a certain balance between vein thickness, vein tone, and valve activity.. When one of the elements changes, the load on the other elements increases. E. g,When the valve fails, blood flow slows, a large amount of fluid begins to build up in the veins, so the load on the wall increases, and subsequently loses elasticity and stretchability. All of these changes can cause blood to stagnate in the lower extremities, leading to inflammation, pain, and swelling due to tissue dystrophy.
Symptoms of varicose veins
Pain is one of the earliest symptoms that can appear at any age and should be addressed.
- In Phase 1:Discomfort occurs at the end of the workday, possibly with tingling and burning in the legs. This indicates an increased load on the venous system of the legs.
- In Phases 2 and 3:Appearance of calf muscle pain and cramps.
- In 4 stages:Severe pain leading to the tense and arched features of the lame foot.
edemaAlso included in the symptoms of this disease and can appear from its first stage. usuallySeverity of edema varies in different legs, because absolutely identical violations are rare. Edema of leg varicose veins should be distinguished from edema in heart failure.
itching- One of the most common symptoms after pain. It can also appear in stage 1, but is most common in stages 2 and 3 of the disease.
Why do varicose legs itch?
itAssociated with dilation of blood vessel walls and nervous system responses in tissuesDue to the dilation of the vein, it compresses the surrounding blood vessels and capillaries, thereby damaging them, and the nerve endings transmit these sensations as itch, otherwise the effect on the nerve would be direct.
It is worth mentioning thatitching is internalWhen trying to influence him through external means, it usually doesn't bring relief.
What do varicose veins on the legs look like?
You need to know the answer to this question and have some ideas about the disease so as not to panic ahead of time rather than start treatment for a disease that doesn't exist.
In addition to physical discomfort, the disease manifests itself through external signs:
- Fine blue mesh on the legsThis is not a cause for panic, as it symbolizes the failure of superficial blood vessels, but if it increases in size, becomes brighter or starts to stand out, it is a direct route to make an appointment with a specialist and review the lifestyle.
- Bruises and BruisesMay indicate vascular damage and subcutaneous hemorrhage due to severe loading of the veins. Usually this symptom indicates the progression of the disease.
- red spots on legs, skin peeling and thinning illustrate the atrophic process in the final stages of the disease.
Prevent and treat varicose veins
The main measures and procedures for the prevention and treatment of varicose veins:
- recommendedpositive actionevery day. Walking, yoga and running will be very beneficial exercises for lower extremity vein health.
- Standing for long periods of time can increase the pressure on your muscles and veins.
- Avoid cross-legged poses, it compresses the veins and impairs blood circulation.
- Don't get carried away with a hot bathAs with saunas, prolonged exposure to heat can affect the tone of blood vessel walls.
- don't wear tights, give preference to loose-fitting clothing and comfortable underwear.
- bad habits, especially smoking - negatively affects the tone of blood vessel walls.
- light foot massageis a good prevention method.
- EverlastingExpert visitIt is also necessary to work with existing problems.
Prevention of varicose veins in women's legs
- Pay attention to the hosiery elements in your wardrobe. costAvoid wearing socks and stockings that are too tightThat pulls the legs.
- The choice of shoes should also be taken seriously:High heels should not be worn every day, and also pay attention to choosing shoes with straps and cords, especially at the ankles.
Treat varicose veins
treatment needsunder the supervision of a phlebologist. Following laboratory and instrumental diagnosis, specialists determine the extent of the disease and prescribe treatment.
There are various treatment methods: drug therapy, surgery therapy, exercise therapy.
- anticoagulants (for blood thinning);
- Antiplatelet drugs (to prevent thrombosis and improve tissue nutrition);
- NSAIDs for severe pain and inflammation.
- Laser solidification method: eliminate surface defects in the form of surface meshes and stars;
- Sclerotherapy: "gluing the veins" by introducing special substances and closing them from the blood;
- Phlebectomy: Surgery to remove a vein.
Exercises for varicose veins in the legs
Even physical activity and exercise can help with varicose veins.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your hands on your body.we tiptoe, hold this position for 2 seconds, then drop sharply with your heels.
- Stand with your hands against a wall or against the back of a chair and roll from your heels to your toes and vice versa for 2 minutes.
- A useful exercise iswalk in place, the socks will not fall off the floor. also usefulwalking on toes or heels.
- Lying, Leg Raise, ActingSports "Bicycle".
- Sitting Position: AlternateBend and straighten your legs, and then the feet.
Folk remedies for varicose veins in the legs
Treatment with herbal ingredientsMany doctors prescribe it in combination with primary medication or exercise therapy. It is also popular in the first stage of the disease, when the course of the disease has not yet begun.
What foods are best for vein health?
- nutmeg. It is popular as food supplements, decoctions and tinctures.
- lemon: Tincture, lemonade, oil.
- ginger: Useful with lemon, decoction, tincture, compress.
- compressionApplying cabbage, oil, and honey to the more painful areas will relieve symptoms.
- if aLeg swelling due to varicose veins: Aloe vera and burdock dressing helps reduce swelling. Combined with this, they produce good results.Decoction of cranberry, wild rose, cumin, thyme, oregano.
Folk remedies for varicose veins in the legs help to recover quickly and without complications that can lead to medication.
The most important thing in treatment is to understand that in advanced cases, folk remedies do not have a strong effect, soNeed to consult an expertDo not choose the treatment yourself.
If an older person has this condition, then he will need help to get exercise therapy right (which will be an integral part of the treatment) as older adults may exercise differently.
Likewise, to choose the right and timelymedical treatementTo avoid additional complications to the body. E. g,Inappropriate treatment may result in superficial and deep vein thrombosis, the result is a severe inflammatory and even necrotic process that can develop trophic ulcers that heal over a long period of time.
To prevent dangerous complications, seek expert advice and help, especially if you cannot control treatment independently and follow all necessary advice.